I decided that I would share with you the other blogs where I have left comments but did not post here. It’s a quick way to lead you to some other discussions happening in my little constellation of interest.
- Mark Regnerus wrote a piece on declines in marriage rates. I wondered if a decline in marriage will also predict a decline in church attendance.
- Tony Jones addresses the influence of culture in the church here in part to respond to Jason Clark’s review of Tony’s book here. My sense, perhaps with Clark, is that the Emerging Church phenomenon is a lot like the Oxford group. The phenomenon is that the Emerging Church is an additional social movement within the trajectory of progressive evangelicalism.
- Scot McKnight raised the question if Protestant and Eastern Orthodox views of the Atonement are different. It should be of no surprise that I think they are very different!
- Bruce Reyes-Chow wrote thoughts on the Evangelical claim that Christianity is being marginalized in an increasingly liberal culture.
- Dean Dad over at Inside Higher Ed offered a critique of Mitt Romney’s and the Republican Party’s plans for Higher Education. Is privatization and for-profit support really the answer?